Red Pepper Paste Mussel Cioppino
The weather is finally getting chilly so we put together a simple cioppino recipe and added a little twist of our own by adding our Red Pepper Paste to make it slightly spicy. Make sure to make some of our garlic bread too on the side to serve together.
1. 12 oz Tomato Pasta Sauce
2. ½ Onion chopped
3. 1 bag of Jayone Mussels (12 oz)
4. 1 cup of Water
5. 1 Tbsp of Red Pepper Paste (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
6. 10 pieces of Roasted Garlic (or however much you want)
7. ½ Jalapeno chopped
How to make
1. Add 2 tbsp to pan and add onions and stir until golden. (You can add the roasted garlic with the onions and stir together in this step.)
2. Add Jayone Mussels and stir until most of the mussels start opening up.
3. Add 1 cup of water. (You can substitute water with wine or veggie stock for extra flavor.)
4. When water comes to a boil, add marinara sauce and 1 tbsp of Jayone Red Pepper Paste.
5. Add roasted garlic and sliced Jalapenos as garnish.
**Make some garlic bread on the side to serve with the Red Pepper Paste Mussel Cioppino
1. Slice bread into bite size pieces
2. Add butter to the pan
3. Spread freshly minced garlic to each slice of bread and add to pan
4. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until brown and take out