So-tteok So-tteok (Rice Cake + Sausage)
Probably our favorite dish so far, So-tteok So-tteok was one of Korea’s most popular snacks this year. Koreans like shortening words. The ‘So’ is short for Sausage and ‘Tteok’ is Rice Cake and people call it so-tteok so-tteok. Look how glorious they look!
Ingredients for sauce:
2 Tbp Jayone Red Pepper Paste
1 tsp Minced garlic
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Soy Sauce
6 tsp Ketchup
4 tsp Honey (Or Oligosaccharides)
Ingredients for So-tteok So-tteok (6 skewers):
18 Rice Cakes sticks
12 little smokies
*(Tip)* Looks best when the Rice Cakes and the Little Smokies are the same length
How to Make:
1. Boil 4 cups of water.
2. Add the Rice Cake to boiling water and cook for 1 minute then take out to drain water.
3. Add little smokies to boiling water and cook for 1 minute then take out to drain water.
*(TIP)* Try to wipe down the water on the Rice Cake and Sausages.
4. Make skewers by adding rice cake, sausage, rice cake, sausage, and so forth. For this recipe, we put 3 rice cakes and 2 little smokies per skewer.
5. Add enough oil to cover bottom of the pan on medium heat.
6. Fry the skewers until golden.
*(Tip)* Make little cuts on the sausage so they don’t pop while you fry them.
7. Take them out so the oil can drain.
8. Brush the sauce on the skewers.
9. Drizzle crushed peanuts or parsley on the sauced so-tteok so-tteok.